Pages

Friday 22 November 2013

My Class Movie For Manaiakalani Film Festival 2013



This year I was overjoyed by what was on the huge screen at the Sylvia Park theatre. I was watching the videos at the Manaiakalani Film Festival. The movies were remarkable and I couldn't stop watching. In Room 10, we made our own movie about blog commenting. We did commenting because we had watched a video that actually inspired us from Mrs Yollis’ class. It helps us learn how to write more positive and specific comments on other blogs. We had got a lot of ideas from Mrs Yollis’ video and they really gave us a lot of information for us to actually create our own movie. My teacher encouraged me to speak in front of the camera. That was really challenging because I’m really nervous in front of cameras and I do not like photos of me. I kept practising on camera and in the end I actually enjoyed the camera filming me. It made me feel famous. My teacher gave us a lot of time to practise in front of the camera.
I was really excited about getting our chromebooks this year because that means that we get to make our movie to share for the first time ever. I really enjoyed the part in our movie when we did the dance. It was a good exercise for everyone. My teacher did a song about technology. We all screamed technology at the end of our dance and I think that was a good ending for our video. I know everyone who has watched our movie from Room 10 will know how to create a positive and specific comment. We helped a lot of children by making our movie because this was their first time they had performed for a giant crowd. I think that they were just all nervous about doing the movie. I now know how to create and edit a video for me to share with everyone. Now my class will start creating another video for the Manaiakalani Film Festival next year!    

0 comments:

Post a Comment